As of a couple of weeks ago we turned our open bed off (came off the list as they say) for fostering. We were very close to just saying we are done and closing our license permanently. My neighbor asked me to come over and chit-chat. We usually catch up once a month or so.
We are sitting there talking about she can barely contain herself. She knows someone who might be able to get us placed with a foster kiddo that will most likely end up in severance. Basically what that means is we would be placed with a kid who has a greater likelihood of us being able to adopt.
Of course I have mixed feelings about that. Of course we would love to bring into our home a kiddo that we could possibly adopt. I just feel guilty feeling excited about that because of course the parents have to not being doing what is right by the kiddo. Apparently in this specific case the siblings are already severed and going up for adoption with their foster parents.
I reached out to the person who can possibly make this happen and waiting to hear any news.
In the mean time we keep hoping and wishing that we can afford more infertility treatments. We are more closely decided on embryo adoption I think. I mean if we somehow win a grant or something very lucky we would love (I use that term loosely, LOL because all know IVF is no picnic) to do another IVF round. But finances being what they are, embryo adoption would be more affordable. Plus we have no problems loving a child that is not biologically ours.
For now, we play the waiting game. Waiting on a foster baby or waiting on funds for more infertility treatment.